If one is looking for help or any kind of assistance while shifting houses or place of residence, the society has that solution too. With the fast moving life and the ever changing list of ‘to-do’ things, it is very difficult for one to do any task alone. There are many companies that came up with the concept of providing assistance who help people to shift their movable products from one place to another.
Movers, in simple words as the name suggests, are the people or organizations that help other people to move their household items from one place to another. These organizations are also known by different names such as van liners and many other names. In different states and cities, they are addressed to. But, whatever they are called, their ultimate aim, goal and objective are the same – serve the customers and help them make their shifting process even simpler and easier.
Evolution of movers: It was observed that, there were about 40 million people moving annually in and around cities and states of United States in a decade. With the ever growing competition, few people saw a great scope in a service that would provide the customers help assistance and support in moving their products and household items from one place to another place of their desire. And, when one or two companies ventured into this kind of service based business, other entrepreneurs saw this nature of business as an emerging business and saw growth in this area. Not only did they see growth for themselves, but also saw this business as a service to the society.
There are some movers, that are not only well known for their services in and around their operating city, state or country, but their fame and pride spread all over the world through the most common source of marketing –word of mouth. Because of this positive advertising, these companies grab the opportunity and opened up different branches, and franchises in different places too.
Types of services offered by these companies:
- They offer to pack your goods
- They shift/ load them onto their trucks from the place of residence
- Unload the items at the destination given by the customer
- Label your items to avoid confusion
- They keep a track of the belongingness
- Some movers also provide cleaning departments which help the customers to clean up the place of unloading
Skills / Knowledge that employees of such organizations have:
- Good listening skills – to not only hear, but listen to the instructions given to them both by their boss and the customer
- Co-ordinating: They must know how to coordinate various activities.
- Map of the city: They must be well aware of the city’s geographical locations for efficient and effective services
- Basic reading and writing skills
Types of movers:
Local movers: They are the people or organization who helps the customers to shift their items from their present place to another destined place with the city of residence itself.
Non local mover: Also known as long distance mover. As the name gives out, they are the people who do not provide only local assistance. They provide assistance to customers to move from one place to another place in another city which is usually long distance.
Full service movers: They are the organizations and companies that offer the customers to move all their items, be it anything. That is why they are refereed to full service movers. They offer the customers services from the beginning from assembling the items, to packing it, loading it, transporting it, unloading it and placing them at the place desired by the customer.
There are some movers that also offer few other services like car movers, who only offer help to move your cars and automobiles.
Why hire them?
- They have trained professionals to help and assist their customers.
- Not only are they trained, but also are experienced. And if a fresher is hired, they are placed under training
- They sort and assemble things at the right time and at the right place
- They save one’ time by packing the items to be shifted
- They keep a track of all the belongings that are loaded and unloaded
- They provide the best services at the best prices
- They offer you a one stop solution for all your needs while shifting
Why not hire them?
- Some of the workers are not reliable
- They do things, as instructed by their boss. They usually tend not to listen to the customers
- Not safe to give them valuable items
- One always needs to cross check items that are being handled by them
- Lack of plan of action
- Always have a check on things like number of boxes, number of items each in boxes etc
Thus, after analyzing all the positive and negative points of movers, it is seen that the negative points can be avoided with a little caution from the customer’s end itself. Thus, if one is looking for reliable and efficient organizations that would help one to move their items to another place, then one should defiantly look for the best moving companies in and around their locality. It is always advised, to talk to few people who have used their services in order to get a feedback on the company’s services and reliability.
So, now stop worrying about the chaos while shifting, and enjoy the process instead.